Serving in the Rancho Cucamonga, California Mission

Monday, February 29, 2016

my first week in the field


i started of my week by meeting my new companion! he is elder smith he has been out 20 months and i am pretty sure that i will kill him(be his last companion). i am in Ontario! it has not yet been colder than 75 degrees outside during the day yet, it is really weird to see all the people wearing scarves and sweaters in so much heat, but i guess I'm a Washingtonian born and raised! i have already met so many cool people.  i met my first investigator and found out he is a mechanic! while we where talking i found out that he has a 96.5 supra in his garage! an awesome car, i managed to weasel my way in to see it on our second visit! a beautiful car to say the least. we have a "grandma" she is a investigator that we go see when we can, she is not necessarily progressing but we where able to help her move along with our visit this week! my companion and i where what is called whitewashed into an area! this means that the other missionaries where transferred out of the area and we where both transferred in! this is a very stressful experience because without missing stride we have to pick up where they left off and continue the work! to make matters even harder we don't even talk to the old missionaries! but we are finally starting to get a grasp on what is happening around here. i am loving the work and i am growing rapidly! like no kidding i grew an inch in the MTC! some of my slacks look a little funny now! 
a tired missionary
elder Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment